Before Sendai Framework
- Economics and strategic decisions
- Governance and institutional knowledge
- Scenarios and loss analysis
- Communications and warnings
- Emergency Management Capability
- Hardening buildings and infrastructure
- Sustainable volunteering
- Understanding and measuring social resilience
- Coastal Management
- Monitoring and prediction
- Next Generation Fire Modelling
- Prescribed burning and catchment management
6. Forensic Investigations of Disasters (FORIN)
- Hui-Hsuan Yang, Su-Ying Chen, Sung-Ying Chien , and Wei-Sen Li (2014). Forensic Investigation of Typhoon Morakot Disaster: Nansalu and Daniao Village Case Study.
- C. Kendra Gotangco Castillo, Jairus Josol, Michael Padilla, John Paolo Dalupang, Justin See and Raiza Elumba (2013). Harmonizing FORIN for Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management to Develop Multi-Sectoral Narratives for Metro Manila.
- Tailin Huang, Hsiang-Chieh Lee, Hui-Hsuan Yang and Chung-Sheng Lee (2013). Towards a Generic Framework for Synthesizing the Societal Disturbance from Typhoon Morakot.
- Sopon Naruchaikusol, Malin Beckman, and Junko Mochizuki (2013). Disaster Response and Adaptive Capacity of Upland Communities in the Face of Increasing Climate Risk: A discussion of changing livelihoods, land use, and natural resource management in Northern Thailand.
FORIN Case Studies:
- Haiti Earthquake (Haiti) Detecting Disaster Root Causes. A Framework and an Analytic Tool for Practitioners
- Typhoon Morakot (Taiwan) Forensic Investigation of Typhoon Morakot Disaster: Nansalu and Daniao Village Case Study
- Hurricane Katrina and Mississippi’s Gulf Coast (U.S.A) Hurricane Katrina and the Forgotten Coast of Mississippi
- A Review of the FORIN Methodology and Existing FORIN Case Studies [This review is a product of the EU FP7 funded PEARL (Preparing for Extreme and Rare events in coastal regions) project]
- Impact of climate and land-use change on environmental hazards and adaptation
- Mega-seismic risk and multi-geological disasters in Taiwan
- Open ISDM: Open Information Systems for Disaster Management
- Vulnerability assessment for heat wave and relevant adaptation strategy recommendations
8. IRDR China
- FORIN Case Study of Seasonal Drought in South-Western China under the Condition of Climate Change – Yunnan Province Chosen as Case Study (Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development in Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS)).
- Study on Data Management Model for Historical Loss Data: Flood as Showcase (Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth (RADI), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)).
- Urban Disaster Resistance Capability and Risk Assessment – Wenchuan Earthquake as Case Study (China Earthquake Disaster Prevention Center).
- Study on the Internal Relationship between Global Change and Natural Disaster Risk Variation in China (RADI, CAS).
- Study on Management Mechanisms of Community-Based Mountain Hazard Risks (Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS).
- Climate Change, Drought and Population Migration: Dynamic Mechanism and Risk Assessment (Institute for Urban and Environmental Development Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS)).