Download for flyer: Science and Policy Forum
Registration is now open for the Science and Policy Forum, organised by the ISC, UNISDR, the UNISDR Science Technology Advisory Group (STAG) and the Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) programme. The Science and Policy Forum will take place on 13 – 14 May at the Palais des Nations, Geneva, as part of the preparatory meetings for the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction from 13 – 17 May.
Who can attend?
All participants registered for the Global Platform 2019 dialogue can join the Science Forum. Registration is free for both events.
The priority audiences for the Science and Policy Forum are:
- Policy-makers dealing with the implementation of the Sendai Framework nationally;
- Scientists and technology experts actively working in building the knowledge and its use in decision-making and action around the Sendai objectives;
- Other stakeholders from civil society, business, media working on supporting evidence-based DRR
Key objectives of the Science and Policy Forum for DRR 2019 are:
- To share and review progress in global, regional, national and local implementation of science-based policy making, risk sensitive development as a basis for enhanced engagement between science and policy for risk-informed decision-making across the 2030 Agenda;
- To identify the key knowledge gaps and opportunities to strengthen the contributions of a comprehensive, interdisciplinary science base to delivering the Sendai Framework including through the operationalization of the Global Science and Technology Road Map;
- To commit collectively to enhanced collaboration for an integrated science approach to DRR, climate change adaptation and sustainable development;
- To fill the current gap in knowledge and application of new technologies for disaster-risk reduction and enhanced resilience.
Please find more information on the Forum via the flyer attached, or please contact the Secretariat if you have further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The concept note of each session is coming soon.
We hope to see you there! Your expertise and input is essential to realising the goals of the Sendai Framework, and in particular, ensuring we have a strong trans-disciplinary scientific lens on disaster risk reduction.