CALL FOR ABSTRACTS DEADLINE EXTENDED
2nd Integrated Research on Disaster Risk Conference
“Integrated Disaster Risk Science: A tool for sustainability”
Date: 7-9 June 2014 Beijing, China
Venue: China National Convention Center (CNCC), No.7 Tianchen East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100105 China
We invite submissions of abstracts from researchers, politicians, practitioners, funding agencies and disaster risk reduction-related organisations to discuss and develop ways to better integrate disaster risk science into policy, practice and sustainability. The format of the Conference will be a series of plenary sessions dealing with the challenges of implementing integrated research, inter-organisational collaboration, and policy, as well as the interaction with sustainable development activities. The sessions will address the range of environmental hazards, vulnerability, and sustainability in both global and local contexts.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Water and disasters
- Risk reduction science and national politics
- Risk reduction science and the media
- Role of science in the 2015 agendas (post-HFA; post-MDGs; GAR)
- Empowering local officials with science
- Capacity building for integrated research
- Links between risk research and sustainable development
- Assessing risk
- Integrated risk governance
- Collaboration between science and the private sector
The Conference will also showcase and elaborate on the IRDR’s key research activities:
- Assessment of Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (AIRDR)
- Disaster Loss Data (DATA)
- Forensic Investigations of Disasters (FORIN)
- Risk Interpretation and Action (RIA)
Proposals for other related topics are welcome.
- All abstracts must be submitted via the IRDR’s Conference online submission form on or before midnight (Beijing time), Sunday, 3 November 2013. The link for the on-line paper submission system is: https://www.ciccst.net/conf/lunwen_new/Login.asp?cnfid=1521.
- Abstracts must not exceed 400 words and must demonstrate integration and applicability of the research findings or possibility for replication of the program in various location.
- Please indicate the topic and the presentation preference (oral or poster), and list five keywords for your abstract. If more than one author is indicated, the first named author should be the presenter.
- All abstracts must be original and have not been published prior to the 2nd Integrated Research on Disaster Risk Conference.
There is no limit to the number of abstracts a person can submit.
The link for the conference on-line registration is https://www.ciccst.net/conf/visitor/confmanagee.asp?cnfid=1521.
English is the official language of the Conference. Simultaneous interpretation (English and Chinese) will be provided for the opening ceremony only.
A limited number of travel support scholarships are available for participants from low-income countries/regions to present their papers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you wish to be considered for travel support.
Extended abstract submission deadline: on or before midnight (Beijing time), Sunday, 3 November 2013
- Notification of acceptance: Thursday, 6 February, 2014