Climate change and disaster risks pose a serious threat to the physical, social, economic, and environmental conditions of our communities.
The potential increase in the occurrence and intensity of extreme weather events as a result of climate change, coupled with increasing population in vulnerable areas reinforces the need for improved prediction and forecasting for the foreseeable future.
Join us in this side event (track 2, block 1) as part of UN Climate Change’s Asia Pacific Climate Week 2021 with experts from Asian Development Bank (ADB), Green Climate Fund, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH , IRDR and Tonkin + Taylor in this free webinar.
- The role of the Green Climate Fund in accelerating climate action
- Climate risk country profiles and risk assessment for investment
- Coherence for disaster risk reduction and climate change
- Climate change risk assessment in Asia and the Pacific
- New Zealand’s National Climate Change Risk Assessment
Head here to register - https://lnkd.in/gDe_QxU